We have been very busy since the holidays and I have gotten so far behind on my blog posts. To start: We went on a fun vacation to New York to visit Damon's brother, Ian and his cute family. We always love going to visit and decided we better squeeze in one more trip before Miya turns two and we have to start paying for her plane ticket. We cut it close (coming home an hour before her birthday)but it was a great time, despite the freezing cold. Here are just a few of the pictures from our trip...
We didn't get to see much of Kira and Christian while we were there because they are in kindergarten now and so busy with school, but we sure had fun with them when we did get to play with them.
The day after we got home was Miya's birthday. I can't believe she is my big two year old already! She had a wonderful birthday with family. Thanks to everyone who came! We sure loved having everyone here. I am so proud of her. She is getting to be such a big girl. She is doing great potty training. We have gone many days where we haven't had an accident at all. And she has picked up on going #2 in the potty the past few weeks and that has been so nice. She also is speaking in full sentences and learning new things everyday. What a big two year old she is getting to be.
And finally for our big announcement.... WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! For those of you who didn't already know, I am pregnant again. I had miscarried back in August when I was 12 weeks along so I have been very hesitant to announce this time. But I am starting to show and thought it's probably time. I am 16 weeks along and my due date is July 11. We are so excited! I feel the baby move all the time now and Damon got to feel it for the first time this week. I love it! I will try to keep you all updated on the pregnancy as we go. It feels like it is going by so fast. Sorry for such a long post.
17 comments:
Jamilla I am so very happy for you!
Jamilla!CONGRATS! i am so excited for you two! ...wow a mom of two...
we really need to get together sometime!
CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarraige. They are no good!
Miya is darling. She sounds like quite the little girl.
It's so much fun to see pics of your trip to the big NY, and of Miya's big 2!!! What a fun time of year for all of us with so many fun Birthdays! I too am so excited about grand baby #10! Sure do love you guys!
WOW!! Our family is so happy for you and your family. What a wonderful post. I feel like I am in the loop now. I love that Miya is a big girl now she'll be a wonderful big sister.
Sounds like you guys have been busy! what a fun vacation and birthday!! Good for Miya with the potty training thing that will be sooo nice not having to change 2 pairs of diapers! I am sooo glad that we can finally talk about the new baby!! I have somewhat known since Thanksgiving, I knew that I wasn't the only one being nauseated by the icing on the gingerbread houses!haha! I am going to put a guess in now and say that it will be a boy this time, you will have to keep us posted!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys...with the potty training and the new baby! When do you find out what you are having?
Congrats! you are going to be a busy mom.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am very happy for you to be pregnant again, thats exciting. What are you hoping for? Thanks for the comment on my blog. If you look at my baby picture, she looks a lot like me. Thanks. Have a great pregnancy!
YEA!!! That is exciting! Maybe we can have twin babies! But...I AIN'T going over...so you will have to have yours a couple weeks early! ;0) Hopefully we'll see you soon!
Congrats on the new baby!!
I love the blog!!Your little girl is so cute!!
Jamilla your daughter is so precious! I just thought I would say hello.
Congratulations Jamilla!I'm so happy for you. I hope all is well.
CUTE BLOG! Miya is a doll...it's crazy to think we've been teachers and now moms! Time flies! I am so excited to be in touch with you again! Blogging is the best!
Well congratulations! Hi, I am a friend of Damon's from the swim team. If he's like my husband he doesn't do much with the blog except read it every so often. Tell him I say Hi. I hope you don't mind if I wander on over to check in. You're welcome to do the same.
Again, congratulations on #2. #1 is beautiful!
Jamilla! Hi!!! Megan told me about you blog! Your daughter is beautiful! AND Congrats on #2!! I am so glad she ran into you so we could catch up! :) I'll be back for sure! :)
Post a Comment