Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I hope I am ready in time

Damon and I have signed up for a 3 mile race on September 19. It doesn't seem like much to some of you amazing runners, I'm sure, but for me it is a challenge. I have not ran forever and I had a baby 6 weeks ago. I decided to run the race to motivate me to run and get in shape again. It has been tough to find the time to train and especially the energy with a newborn still waking me up during the night. It feels great to be working out again... I just hope I can be ready in time so I don't embarrass myself. Come on shoes, we can do it!


3 comments:

Heather Keetch said...

You are like super woman! At 6 weeks I wasn't even brushing my hair or thinking about wearing anything besides sweats!
Way to go Jamilla! Run for me!

Christine B. said...

Your little girl is just too adorable..she looks like her dad and his grand-pa, on the other hand , your baby boy looks just like you.... for some reason, most sons look like their mothers and daughters like their father.... about the race... go for it ! wish you luck.....

Malisa said...

Oooo. Good luck. Three miles is a good run. I will be rooting for you.