Saturday, November 12, 2011

William Damon Rasmussen

I am finally getting around to posting a little about William's arrival. I could go into all the labor details but I will give the shortened version and my personal journal has all the juicy details that most people don't want to hear about.
I had small contractions for a couple of days previous but the real hard labor and contractions started Thursday, Oct. 13 at about 4pm. I labored at home for most of it but by 1am on  Friday, Oct. 14 I decided it was time to get to the hospital. We got there at 2am but found that I still hadn't progressed much. BUMMER! But I should have known, my labors with my girls lasted forever and progressed slowly as well. So I walked the halls and tried to stay strong and positive through the contractions. By 5am they checked me again and I had progressed a little but I was still not progressing much and the contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes and really strong. I was getting exhausted after being up all night and I figured this was going to be another long labor like my others. So I decided to take the epideral. My biggest fear was that I would make it all the way and then not have any energy to push and end up with a c-section. So by 6am I got the epideral. Little did I know...he would come 2 hours later and with ONE push. Oh-well....he's here and healthy and it doesn't matter if I went natural or not.

We were so happy to have some of the family come visit at the hospital. And sorry that I forgot to take pictures with some of you. Can I blame it on the fact that I hadn't gotten any sleep? 
That's a proud daddy who has a SON!
A very proud big sister, Miya that has been waiting for her baby brother to get here since before we were even pregnant. 
And a very proud Emma, who is now a big sister herself. 
I can't believe we are a family of FIVE now. 
Our sweet, little William...what would we ever do with out him. He has brought such a joy to our family and we are so glad he is here and he is healthy! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sheena said...

My birth plan was to go naturally unless a.) I was induced, or b.) my labor was really long and I got too tired. My labor and delivery was super fast so I didn't even end up having time to get anything. But if it hadn't been I'm almost positive that I would have gotten an epidural at some point. The most important thing is that you and the baby stay healthy!
I think that sometimes an epidural can help your body relax so that the contractions can be more productive.
Glad that everything went well. You have a beautiful family!

Carmen said...

So glad everything went well...so happy!