Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Latest Project

I tried to save some money and make Miya's bedding for her new twin size bed. In the end, I spent a lot of time and saved very little money. But I do have a little pride in knowing that I made something for my little girl. This is the quilt. I finished it last week just in time for her birthday. There are many imperfections, but overall I am quite pleased with how it turned out. What do you think? I want to make a matching sham to go with it and then I will start on a coordinating quilt for Emma. Does anyone know an easy pattern for doing a sham? I am still not very good at sewing and have to start at the basics. (I also will need to post some birthday pics when I get a chance to get all the pics on my computer....always something to do.)


6 comments:

Carmen said...

That's really nice! The only stuff I've kept and treasured from my childhood is stuff that loved ones have made, so I'm hoping to make things for my kid(s) too.

The Bingham's said...

Seriously Jamilla (or should I call you Martha Stewart) That is so darling! You did AWESOME!! Very talented! Love you!

Deryck & Bree said...

Good job Jamilla, this turned out "sew" cute!

Brenda Joy said...

This is soooo darling! What a treasured gift for sweet little daughter on her Birthday! I love it!

Joni and John said...

That is adorable! It looks like something from Company Kids- I feel a little intimidated now....

Emily said...

VERY cute!!!! I love it!