Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Busy Weekend

Friday night, November 7, Damon and I attended a gala for Enterprise Mentors International (EMI). He has been doing there website for them on a volunteer basis off and on since the spring. In return we got tickets to attend the gala at the Grand America. It was really nice and elegant. I was totally out of my realm. There were some apostles, Holland and Perry, Lloyd Newell and Senator Orrin Hatch. Laura Bush (the first lady) accepted an award from Washington D.C. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang. It was really nice. Not to mention the food was great and the cause was well worth it. You can check out Damon's website and more about them at
enterprise-mentors.org.
During dinner, I went to the bathroom and it was filled with MOTAB singers. They were all wearing the exact same color of dress as me! A couple of them told me that I fit in so well, I might as well sneak up on stage and sing with them. I told them I would love to, but I better not ruin their reputation. It was pretty funny. I wonder what Damon would have done if I never returned from the bathroom and next thing he knows I am up on stage singing with the "world's choir." Thanks Mom, for babysitting, we had a wonderful evening.
This is Miya and Nora at the Dairy Keen, Home of the Train.
On Saturday and Sunday, we went to Midway (near Heber City) with my cousin Jenni and her family. Her husband's family owns this really nice home up there that we stayed in. It was a nice relaxing weekend. Miya and Nora get along really well and played so cute together the whole time. It is always nice to get away.

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

Such exciting and fun times! If I were you Jamilla I would have taken them up on the offer. How many chances do you get in a lifetime to be invited to sing with the Worlds Choir?! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Loves to you!

The Bingham's said...

That would have been awesome if you would have gotten up there with them, you could have just mouthed the words that would be hilarious!!!!

Mike and Joelle said...

JAMILLA! Looks like you guys are going to a highschool dance! How cute are you. How are you, Maya is a doll!